Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Post....at 1:20 am on the Day after.....

It was a good day today.  The entire family was over after 6:00 pm and I grilled hamburgers and hot dogs.  Just a nice get together for all of us.   Don spent the majority of the day with Phoenix which was nice and of course Phoenix and I had our time together this morning.
Jon and Irma brought an oreo ice cream cake!  Amazing!  I hadn't had ice cream cake in decades!  Oh, and I even got to go to the grocery store by myself!  No hubby or grandson to distract me!  That meant that I made the entire trip within an hour there, shopping and back with all the groceries put away...well, true I only picked up what I needed for the grilling, but it still was a very quick trip!  I get my day off tomorrow and Wednesday which is always nice.  They will be quiet days as my BFF is away on vacation.  This means I won't have any dinner plans other than what I decide to make for myself (which I'm assuming will be a burger or hot dog...maybe both!)  It's nice to get the grill fired up and cook up some yummy food for everyone.  Think I'd better start planning a bit better though.  Everything works out so much smoother that way!  I don't like to buy my meat until the day of though...just don't like it sitting in the fridge for a couple of days.  I'd rather have it fresh from store to grill.
I hope you all had good days too.
I know I haven't blogged like I thought I would, but it's a chore to get back into the groove if you know what I mean.  But, if you plan it, execute it for 7 days, it becomes habit.  A good habit too.
Going to watch a bit of t.v. (recorded Texas Rising) and then off to sleep, providing I CAN sleep.  Well, no way to know unless I try, right?
Oh...Movie recommendation!  TQ and I rented "Still Alice" with Julieanna Moore.  It's about a woman who is a linguist and she gets early onset Alzheimers.  So sad and she's such a wonderful actress...if you watch, grab some tissue!  Buh-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment