Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year/New Begnnings

At the encouragement and behest of my friend, I have decided to give Blogger a try.  I blogged at another social site for years, but also have not blogged on a regular basis for at least 3 years.  I have to agree with Cindy that I do need this outlet, even if I can't be here all the time.  At least I can give it a shot.
So far, this new year holds promise.  If I can just keep myself on track it should be a better year than the last 2.
As far as the name of this blog is concerned, let me just say this:  Cindy actually came up with the name.  You see (she's a real genius, really!) I have a new grandson...well, almost new.  He will be 1 year on the 3rd of February and his name is Phoenix.  As I am caring for him while my beautiful daughter is at work, I have very little time to blog, play games, craft, or be on the computer.  Even after mommy comes home, the first place he gravitates to is ANY electronic equipment.  So, I cannot be on the laptop while he's in the same room.  And, when I'm caring for him, I cannot be on the computer either...he's a bright, busy 11 month old (well, tomorrow he'll be 11 months) and I just don't have time to "compute" while chasing him around the house!  I tell you, keeping a baby entertained for hours upon end is absolutely exhausting!!!  I now realize why young people should be the ones having kids!!!  ;)  At any rate, the name up there "Before Phoenix Rises" denotes my attempt (remember, Cindy's idea) to perhaps get a quick blog in before he awakens from his nap.  Of course the ideal would be to nap while HE'S napping, but as anyone with kids and/or grand kids out there knows, that is just never an absolute action.  Things like eating while they're sleeping or doing a chore while they're sleeping must sometimes take first chair!  So, I'll try to be back here to get a blog in here or there.  I hope you'll understand that my time with him takes first place and that you'll read me anyway, even if I can't always get back to you.  A new beginning, a new year, a new way of life....funny how you get your mindset in one direction and then life comes along and changes everything!

5 comments:

  1. Love it love it love it! I am pretty darn tickled with you right now! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog and Cindy.... Several of us are fortunate enough to be able to call her friend as well... Your a lucky woman to be able to spend time with your grand baby... Kudos to you and happy resting! :) Look forward to reading more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much mj for stopping by! I certainly appreciate the effort! Yes, I am lucky, and I know it, but it's soooo much work! I was expecting to be able to "spoil him rotten and send him home"....but that day will come and then I'll rue the day I ever wished it would!

      Delete
  3. What a terrific opening entry, my friend. I remember now why I enjoyed reading your writings so much. I will enjoy your future entries, no matter how often you can write them. I understand perfectly how the pull of life's other obligations gets in the way of what we want to do. Many times I want to just sit at my computer and play but I must sit here and work, instead. It is great to be here with you & Cindy ... looking forward to whatever comes our way.

    ReplyDelete